Want to make a HEAVEN with a home automation system?
The home automation system is a smart technology that provides you with intelligent features which are connected to all the existing home appliances and smart devices, compatible with any type of automation technology.
All appliances need to connect with a master key, which can serve as a hub sending signals and data to the connected devices to complete the operation.
Need to know that the source is YOU who send signals to the master key and the master key works as a key component, having the order from the source (from YOU) to send data to all connected appliances to implement the operation.
So, to make a smart home, you need to choose intelligent technology first; that provides home automation. And you will have to pick all the appliances that are compatible with that technology.
After making the home automation, many opportunities are waiting for you to bring peace in mind.
Are you up to continue?
Before we start, communication and connectivity are so important for home automation, because it does work in a radio wave range and works together within the parameter you set.
- This bundle includes Ring Alarm Smoke & CO Kit and Echo Dot (3rd Gen)—whole-home security at your fingertips. Get motion-activated alerts on your smart phone.
- Smoke and CO Listener does not detect fire, smoke or carbon monoxide and is intended to work with UL listed smoke and CO detectors that are 10 years old or less.
- Works with Alexa to arm, disarm, and check the status of your Ring Alarm security system with your voice.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring is just $10/month. No long-term contracts or cancellation fees.
- Manage Ring Alarm and other Ring products—including Ring Doorbell—with the Ring app.
- 1 Types Of Home Automation System
- 2 Home Automation System Component
Types Of Home Automation System
Actually, there are three types of home automation systems. Now I’ll discuss helping you to know the details.
Here it is:
1. Power Line Home Automation
Power line home automation works with your existing power line to initiate automation. It’s quite expensive choice.
You will also need additional converter circuits to connect with the power line.
2. Wired Home Automation
In wired home automation, all devices and components (those are connected with the automation technology) are communicated via the communication cable to transfer signals from appliances to appliances, devices to devices. PC, laptop, or smartphone works as a critical component to transfer data from the source to all wired connected devices to make operation.
3. Wireless Home Automation
Wireless home automation is an updated version of wired home automation.
Actually, without wire or communication cable, this technology provides the same features and facilities (we discussed before) to make a smart home.
So, now why will you use the previous home automation?
Are you ready to build home automation?
Let’s go through some of the smart ways we can construct a home automation system.
Home Automation System Component
Now, as you’re ready to make a smart home, we’ll discuss the best components that are needed to install here that can help you to choose the best one to pick.
Hub works as the headquarter of all the connected devices. In other words, a smart home hub is a type of software or hardware on which various devices are connected to a home automation network. It also maintains and manages communications among these devices.
Hubs can also be connected to the cloud or locally, it’s quite handy for the Internet of Things (IoT) gadgets.
Here is another opportunity, if you buy a new appliance, you can connect it with the hub easily.
Now, here is a list that helps you to choose the best hub:
- Amazon Echo 2nd Generation.
- Amazon Echo Dot 2nd Generation.
- And Echo Plus.
- Samsung SmartThings Smart Home Hubs.
- Wink Hub 2.
- Logitech Harmony Elite Remote Control Hub & App.
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there’s unexpected activity in your home. Material: Plastic. Range (Ft.) - 50-130 feet
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided on boarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
It’s quite difficult to do nowadays without a camera. Mobile phones right now barely come without a camera installed.
Well, our discussion now will mainly focus on the cameras of which are installed and connected to your existing home automation system.
Whether in the day or the night, you can watch everything every time; the night vision system allows you to observe anything you want.
With a built-in mic and speaker, most of the camera provides the two-way audio facility, which gives you an opportunity to communicate with that person that comes next to the door to visit.
Even when your kids are busy doing the homework, you can send an instruction to them via its audio system, saving you phone bills and extra hassle. You can also hear them out if in case they have any excuses of some sort.
The backup option is the best way to restore the footage as your needs.
The best camera you need to buy:
- Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera.
- Lynx Indoor 1080p Wifi Home Security Camera.
Door Locks And Security
After installing the home automation, now you need to choose the best appliances that are compatible with your automation technology.
Without the best smart door locks, you can’t imagine a smart home, can you?
Now in the discussion will focus on door locks and security.
Yeah, for helping you, now we’ll discuss door locks that you should choose to pick.
To make a smart home, if you prefer the Z-Wave technology, all appliances should be Z-Wave compatible, if you go to another technique, the same thing will happen that all components should be consistent with that technology you install.
So, after deciding the sort of technology you wish to implement, you need to buy the best door lock to install on the door.
The smart lock provides an app to control the lock from anywhere, even anywhere in the world!
It’s effortless to get a notification for all time if someone locks or unlock the door. When your kids arrive from school, for example, you will be notified promptly!
Similarly, with any sort of activities relating to your house door, you will be notified, providing you with security and peace of mind!
When you’re away or at the office, here is a chance to give access for the front door to the pet sitter, that thing you’ll configure with the provided app.
Love to know that, if your guests or friends come next to the door when you’re at the office, need not come back to unlock the door, just use the app to open for them from any place.
Love it this technology?
So, after making a HEAVEN, you must need a smart door lock to install.
Here is a list to choose the best one:
- Upgrade your door’s peephole with a 1080p HD video doorbell that enables you to see, hear, and speak to visitors from anywhere.
- Get alerts on your phone, tablet, and PC when anyone knocks on your door, presses the doorbell button, or triggers the motion sensors.
- Peephole Cam is easy to install and comes with all the tools you need to replace your peephole in under 5 minutes; no wiring or drilling required.
- Connect your Ring doorbell with Alexa to hear announcements on your compatible Echo device when your doorbell is pressed and see a live view of your camera if you have an Echo device with a screen. Talk to visitors by saying “Alexa, talk to the front door.”
- Adjustable Motion Detection lets you easily adjust the built-in motion sensors to focus on and detect what’s important to you.
The Video Doorbell
The video doorbell is one of the best devices to make home automation. It allows you to see everything, speak to someone standing at the door, hear anything that’s going on, on your entry via the mobile app from anywhere.
A two-way built-in audio system like cameras (we discussed before) provides you with the capability to speak to someone coming next to the door, and you can hear him, and he also can hear you.
Even while being in your office, you can communicate with someone standing on the door to visit via the doorbell.
To make a HEAVEN, every single product needs to be smart components and make sure all are compatible with home automation technology, right?
Now, here is a list of the best doorbells those are weather-proof and smart appliances.
- Ring Video Doorbell 2.
- iseeBell Wi-Fi Enabled HD Video Doorbell.
Heating And Cooling
You have to know that the thermostat reduces half of your energy bill, which actually means it controls your energy bill, but one thing to remember, you have to use the smart thermostat to have a benefit.
Great, isn’t it?
A smart thermostat allows you to control via the smartphone, laptop or tablet, even by your sound, meaning you can give you voice command to make it function.
A smart thermostat can detect when your family is at home or when they are not at home, automatically it turns on or off itself to make you happy.
Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd Generation) is the best smart thermostat, so it would be quite a help if you decide to get this clever stuff!
As you start making a smart home, for that every single appliance, you should buy intelligent devices to connect your existing automation technology that makes your life easier and more creative.
Now, after buying smart components one by one, you should buy the bright light to connect with this technology.
It allows you to control your light from anywhere in the world, so now, if you forget to switch off the light, simple to switch off from anywhere via the apps.
Actually, automation technology provides you a smart way to make your life easier and quicker, which brings happiness to your family.
Philips Hue White and Color Smart Bulb Starter Kit are the best ones to pick.
Love to know that it supports Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Homekit, so you can control it via your voice.
The Pet Feeder
Are you a Pet lover?
Then, this is perhaps your perfect match!
If you have a smart home, you feed your pets in multiple ways!
Whether your home is smart or not, (You should make a smart home, I think) if you install a best smart door lock, it’s easy to unlock the front door for the pet sitter from your office, or anywhere in the world. About the best smart door locks, we discussed before, for that you should go knowing the best way.
The best way is that, to buy a smart pet feeder that allows you to customize food portions and pet’s feeding times.
If you connect it to your existing home automation, now you won’t need any pet sitter to feed them when you’re not at home.
After connecting it, now whether you are at home or not, dump your worries and frets in the garbage as the feeding job will be done via the app.
Another thing you should know, pet feeder app follow the parameters you set or the commands you give.
It has a smart feature to measure out food portions based on pet’s activity, size, weight, and age. So no matter where you are in, your pet will have food properly.
Now no chance for overfeeding or underfeeding.
PetnetSmartFeeder is the best one to buy, in our opinion.
Home automation is a great way to save time and money while making your life easier on the whole! With a smart home, you’ll be able to do everything that you want, no matter where you are in, anywhere in the world you can watch, monitor your smart home in a smart way.
Now, what are you waiting for?
Start putting your Lego pieces together and build a smart home for a bright future!