What about being greeted while getting up in the morning for a busy day ahead? With Z Wave technology, you can have that with just using the ‘one-touch’ panic button.
Who doesn’t want a companion that can fix all the pre-sleep chores that bothers us the most? From closing doors with locks and all and turning the lights and setting temperatures, this Z Wave technology can fix all those things at once.
And then it waves you a sweet goodbye saying ‘good night’!
- 1 Overview
- 2 The History Of Z Wave Technology
- 3 The Advantage of Z-Wave Technology
- 4 The Devices That Compatible With Z-Wave
- 5 Final Words
Like our phones and everyday tech gadgets, our homes are also turning into smart homes as well. The continuous development in the field of technology is making our lives highly dependant on the new inventions.
The ceaseless consumption of technological products by society is making it extremely difficult for individuals to stop technology enter into their homes. Every day we’re seeing a rise in the use of smart home features around the world.
This gives you a more comfortable home. Plus, you do not have to engage in chores that wastes time. You can then use that time to do something productive.
To make a smart home with Z-Wave is the best choice and the first choice. This is a wireless communications protocol that is used primarily in a smart home.
Primarily, this technology is a Web Network that uses low energy radio wave-based technology to communicate from device to device, from appliances to appliance.
To put it simply, it mainly works as a control hub with which you can control all the residential appliances and devices. For example, it helps to manage your home security system, thermistors, windows, locks, swimming pools, garage door openers, lighting, air conditioning, and ventilation.
You can use the control system via the internet from a wall-mounted keypad or through your smartphones, PC, or tablets.
Isn’t it amazing?
The History Of Z Wave Technology
History is always essential for all sorts of events and elements. The history of this Z Wave technology began in 2001 in Denmark. A Danish firm called Zynsis developed the Z- Wave protocol in 2001.
In that year, Zynsis introduced a consumer light control system, that is the first step to develop this technology.
Its 100 series chipset was released in 2003, and its 200 series in May 2005. It’s 500 that is called Z-Wave plus was released in March 2013.
Those chips are offering high performance at a low cost!
When Z-Wave plus was released in 2013, it was four times powerful, improved wireless range, and improved battery life.
Day by day, Z-Wave technology-based products are becoming increasingly popular.
The Advantage of Z-Wave Technology
This Danish technology offers you a range of facilities that you’d never get in a usual home. It can positively transform the way you view your daily lives.
The various features through which Z Wave is revolutionizing the field of smart home technology is discussed briefly:
Never Come Home To A Dark House
Don’t have to worry about seeing this headline!
Let me be clear;
Before you arrive home, light your outdoor path and turn on your indoor light automatically with no effort. Z-Wave-based smart lighting technology will help you to get inside a faster, more comfortable, and quicker way.
Control from anywhere
Stay connected to your Smart home, with the home automation, while you are away. Here is an opportunity to know what is happening in your smart home, who is going and coming while you are away.
Receive Alerts When The Kids Arrive Safely
When your kids come home from school, you can know from anywhere.
A smart home helps you to get an alert when the kids arrive home safely. You can also turn on or off your smart home devices by a smartphone from anywhere. At the time of their homework, can turn off the TV and game console, love it?
Start Saving Money and Energy
Start saving money and energy with a Z-Wave thermostat. The average American household can be saving up to $200 per year of an energy bill with the smart climate control system.
One-Touch Movie Theatre
Transform your living room into a movie theatre with this technology in One Touch. Needn’t go to the movie theatre to enjoy the movie with feelings about the attraction of movie theatre.
So, be ready to take home as a theatre.
Just dim your light, adjust the thermostat, and transform your living room into the movie theatre in One Touch.
Forget to Shut the Door?
If you forget to turn off the lights, lock the doors, turn off the thermostat, and close the garage door, don’t have to worry. Now, it can control the entire house with your smartphone.
In One Touch, shut your entire house down with the smart home automation technology.
Z-Wave smart devices are ready to greet you in the morning with One Touch. Meaning that, do everything with One Touch and enjoy!
With One Touch from your bed, can shut off everything. Lock your doors, arm the alarm, turn out the lights, and set the temperature of the night in one simple touch from your bed. Just say ‘Good Night’ and touch one time! Then everything will say, ‘Sweet Dreams’!
The Smart Choice: The Smart Life
When there is any trouble or unexpected events occur such as emitting smoke and carbon monoxide, the smart home provides you with a notification. This will allow you to take action immediately with a quicker response to emergencies.
One-Touch Panic Button
Here is an exciting thing you should know, you have heard before again and again “One Touch’, what is it? It’s a ONE TOUCH solution. Keep your loved ones secure with One Touch simple button everywhere. Heard before? Give them a more natural, smarter life every time with a One-Touch panic button.
The Devices That Compatible With Z-Wave
We think you have read this article from the start, and now we’re pleased to say, you have got a full idea about Z-Wave.
So, we would like to give you more information related to this technology that can help you to make your life easier and comfortable.
Now, we’ll start to review the devices that support smart technology and compatible with this.
Kwikset 910 Z-Wave
The exciting thing is that Kwikset 910 Z-Wave was designed with Z-Wave and ZigBee both.
But here, we are going to talk about Kwikset 910 Z-Wave for helping you to know practically.
First, you have to know that Kwikset 910 Z-Wave, which is designed for Z-Wave is not compatible with ZigBee; the same thing will happen that Kwikset 910 ZigBee will not work with Z-Wave.
This Kwikset is one of the best smart locks to enhance home security and ensure maximum safety. Not only for home security, we are using it but also makes life easier and more intelligent.
It allows you to enable the door lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home and provides an opportunity for the user to check the lock status, even you are allowed to lock or unlock the door through the web from anywhere.
One-touch locking is one of the best features, you do not need any additional keys to lock. If you forget to do it, don’t worry, the automatic lock will do within 30 seconds after leaving.
- Motor-driven deadbolt latch allows for true remote locking and unlocking
- Z-Wave enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in home
- Installs in minutes with just a screw Driver - no hard wiring needed
- ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified; full 128-bit encryption security
- Requires 4 AA batteries, purchased separately
You’ll be very happy to know that Schlage Z-Wave is designed a smart door lock with Z-Wave compatible. Needless to say, Schlage is very popular for its invention and a smart device to save time and ensure maximum security.
This lock works with Alexa for voice control. Though you need a hub to connect with Schlage if you want to do it. The design is unique and attractive.
If your home is designed for Z-Wave, that means every smart product is compatible with it, and have an opportunity to install it to make home smarter.
As Schlage is compatible with the home automation system, it can be controlled remotely via the web or smartphone.
At last, we would like to say it has the best security rating-ANSI Grade-1, higher residential security that brings peace to your mind.
- Pair with a Z Wave smart home or security system like Samsung SmartThings or Ring Alarm to lock and unlock from anywhere
- Hands free voice control requires Z Wave smart home system and compatible voice assistant; Alexa device (sold separately)
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver; Unique Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
- Use the finger print resistant touchscreen to share up to 30 access codes instead of keeping track of spare keys
- Built in alarm senses potential door attacks; Guaranteed to fit standard doors (1 3/8 inch to 1 3/4 inch door thickness and 2 3/8 inch or 2 3/4 inch backset)
To know more: Schlage BE469 Z-Wave | Best Smart Lock For Home
First Alert Smoke Detector
First Alert Smoke Detector And Carbon Monoxide are compatible with Z-Wave. It sends you a mobile notification or email when the home is not safe for you.
The photoelectric smoke sensor is good enough to ensure your safety and to make the home safe and secure for family and kids. Even it helps reduce false alarm from cooking or shower steam.
Every moment you will be notified by the first alert smoke detector whether you are home or away.
The most important thing is that the alarm is compatible with third-party certified every Z-Wave devices to connect home automation system that enhances the level of home security and reduces the extra cost.
- Keep your family safe with this talking battery operated smoke and carbon monoxide alarm; it's equipped with voice and location, so you are alerted of the danger and where it originates from across your house
- Tells you whether the danger is smoke or carbon monoxide and where the threat is among up to 11 pre programmed locations in your home
- Features an electrochemical Carbon Monoxide sensing technology as well as a photoelectric sensor that detects the larger particles of a smoldering fire
- Indicator lights on the face of the unit display the presence of smoke or carbon monoxide, while an 85 decibel siren provides a clear, loud warning upon detection
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button, and EZ access battery drawyer allows you to change battery without removing alarm from ceiling
GoControl Dimmable LED Light
You will be astonished to know that GoControl Dimmable LED Light will last for 22. 8 years life at 3 hours per day average use!
This sturdy stuff is built to last generations after generations.
It has an opportunity that provides you to turn on or off or to make it brighter or dimmer via a smartphone or tablet. There are 100 levels of brightness to make you happier.
This Dimmable LED supports all Z-Wave certified products. If you have no smartphone, no need to worry can operate manually using a wall switch.
- 💡SUPER BRIGHT & HEALTHY LIGHT: 4000 high lumen LED bulbs with 270°wide beam angle provide an all-around light distribution. 5000K natural daylight light bulb with CRI 80 provides no harsh-glare healthy light as well as true color temperature experience
- 💡DIMMABLE LIGHT BULBS: 0%-100% smooth dimming, no flickering, buzzing or humming. Compatible with most TRIAC dimmers on the market. To ensure a better dimming experience, please choose the right dimmer as the below product description recommended
- 💡MONEY SAVING & ENERGY EFFICIENT: 22.8 years long lifespan (with 3 hours/day), at about 148 lumen/watt output, saving over 89% on your energy bill by replacing 250 watt incandescent light bulbs with only 27W
- 💡WIDE APPLICATIONS: A21 shape and standard E26 base fit in applications where general incandescent, halogen, corn or CFL light bulbs are used. Perfect for any place where bright lighting is needed
- 💡DURABLE AND RELIABLE: No lead or mercury. No UV or IR. Adopting Sansi’s patented ceramic heat dissipation technology (CHDT), this LED bulb ensures excellent heat dissipation and long-lasting performance. 5-Year Warranty means you are covered with replacement or refund should any quality-related problems happen
Aeotec Range Extender 6
- [Zwave Extender] Z-Wave Plus wireless signal repeater and range extender. Compatible with Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus.
- [Zwave Repeater] Z-Wave repeater amplifies and repeats weak signals boosting the range and reliability of weak Z-Wave devices.
- Z-Wave extender. Plug in to 110 volt wall socket. Small design so it does not block other outlets
- Compatible with all Z-Wave gateways including Control4, Fibaro, SmartThings, Vera and more.
- Z-Wave Plus certified. Certification number: ZC10-16095239
Neo Z-Wave Siren Alarm Sensor
Forget to feed the fish?
Neo Siren Alarm Sensor will remind you when the time will be.
You can create creative daily audio schedules for your life and family.
At the time of kid’s homework, cooking of kitchen, gardening whatever essential tasks you need to do, will be reminded.
This Alarm Sensor does have a mix and match ten unique alarm, so there is not a chance that you get bored hearing the same alarm tone every day.
You have an option to set different types of alarm for different work. Neo Sensor does have an excellent opportunity to connect to other Z-Wave devices so that it will be notified at the time of danger.
The last thing we’re pleased to say that, fast and easy installation system it offers. So you need not worry about the time of installation.
- ●Audio & Visual Variety: unique chimes/alarms with a flashing red LED to notify you of different home events. Support two types of power supply- Battery power & USB charged ( 6V, 0.5A ) If the voltage is in 4.5-6V, it will report low power.
- ●Specialized Schedules: Get creative with daily audio schedules built around your life and family: define study time for the kids, never forget to feed the fish, set reminders for the elderly.
- ●Emergency Support: Connect the Smart Chime to other Z-Wave safety devices to know instantly what the trouble is, whether it’s broken glass, an unlocked safe, smoke, or floods.
- ●Adjustable Configurations: Equipped with advanced parameters so you can control your Chime to the last detail, like alarm duration, volume, and tone. Required custom code when the siren work with SmartThings.
- ●【The SmartThings NEW app is not supported DTH. Please use SmartThings Classic app and device handler when you are using SmartThings HUB.】Power of Z-Wave Plus: Features improved battery consumption, extended signal range, and strengthened connectivity. Work with SmartThings. Not Compatible: Wink, Ring, Iris or alarm panels.
With new inventions and developments in the field of science and technology, our lives are becoming way easier. Just think about 50 years back from now. We couldn’t even imagine having techniques like video calling or smart homes that can be controlled by your voice. But now we have in our grasp.
With each day, a new technological breakthrough is taking place, making our lives even more comfortable than yesterday. Z- Wave technology is one of those technological breakthroughs that we’re enjoying nowadays.
This allows us to transform the way we live and communicate in our daily lives. It provides us with ample time and energy, which we can use to spend with our family and friends. On the other hand, it makes your house safer as well.
So, get home the Z- Wave and go ahead in your life!