Suppose you’re out in the market buying cereals. What comes to your mind the first time you hear the word “cereals”? Or, what cereal do you pick when you’re out?
For most of us, it would be Froot Loops. Or maybe Cheerios for you. Like a fixed brand is the substitute for an entire category for you; for us, Schlage is the substitute for all keypad locks ever!
Because guess who totally outshines the best security measures? Schlage!
This is why we brought to you our Schlage FE595 reviews, which garners six products and an intensive guide to help you get the ins and outs of safety for your home.
Product Features That Make Schlage The Absolute Best!
The fact that we are explaining most of the bits and pieces of Schlage locks and explaining what is good and what is bad is somewhat needless. That is because there is hardly anyone who has dealt with locks and has not heard of Schlage locks.
They have been in the industry for years, taking pride in making commercial and residential deadbolt locks that enhance home security so much so that they are considered the industry standard of home security when it comes to selecting locks.
Durability To Protect You!
The durability of the locks is ANSI certified, you prefer most, so there can hardly be any doubt of the lock and its long-lasting abilities. With premium metallic construction and more premium hardware that goes inside the lock itself, you could hardly ask for more.
So if you’re a burglar reading this trying to find ways to get past that Schlage lock, you need a truckload of gears before you can! And even if these burglars come prepared, they will not have the time to make a blasting effort with a sledgehammer, get past the lock, steal your PS5 and make it out without being caught.
One thing that gets attempted robbers every time is the lever on the lock. You would think that it is rather a setback, and it makes it easier for thieves to shoot their shot. But the good news is, you can turn the lever even when the door is securely locked. And hence, it will only be a blunt attempt at nothing.
You may think that with so many things going on to make your home secure, how easy is it for you to leave for office quickly in the morning? For those of you located inside the house, you are not in any jail with an advanced security system; you can simply turn the lock and head out and forget all about keys. Within five seconds, the door auto locks.
The biggest advantage and flex that Schlage makes is based on its keyless operations. Keyless convenience, as they call it. What is actually meant by keyless operations is that all the issues that you previously did with keys can now be done without them and can be done better. Previously, you needed keys to get into the house and needed keys to lock the door when you were out.
You needed to make copies of keys in case you forgot one somewhere or lost it on the way in or out. You also needed to give a copy to your trusted friend or neighbor to care for your house or plants or pets when you’re away. Not anymore!
With an entirely coded system, you can easily forget about keys. Only use codes to enter, give to fnf to care for your house, and not lose them! There are also emergency access codes in case you forget your one from the ten thousand possible options.
Ease of Installation
The installation of the lock takes only two things, your time and a screwdriver. In just as much as thirty minutes or less, you can have your lock installed. There is no issue with wiring and no headache or drilling and taping to hide wires. Only simple installation.
However, you have to make sure that your door has the following mentioned dimensions:
- Has a thickness of 35 mm or 44 mm.
- Maintains a backset width of 2 ¾ or 2 ⅜ inches.
- Contains a 2 ⅛ inches wide hole for the lock to be installed.
- Has a hole in the door edge measuring 1 inch.
Now, what you have to do is, remove your old lock. Now place the baseplate on the inside of your door and the keypad to the outside of the door. Now you’ll need to connect the internal wiring and install the batteries, and set the backplate with screwdrivers, and you’re done! It’s easier to do when you follow the instruction manual.
While installing, another thing you can do with the models that come with a lever is that you can deactivate the lever on the outside. You can do this with the lever on the inside. In that case, you’ll be leaving only the keypad entry option open for the outdoors.
After you have installed the lock, you will need to program it. On the lock, you will get a 6-digit unique, default master passcode that you can use to enter, add, or delete other codes. This master code is given to you preprogrammed, and on some models, you can change this master passcode, while on others, you can’t. In case you have the option to change the code, you should pick your own.
So the programming code puts the lock in the programming model, but it is not used to unlock the door. When you change this 6-digit code, the first four digits on the code should not match any existing User code. And in case you forget your self-created code, you can reset the lock to factory settings to unveil the original 6-digit code.
Other than this, two 4-digit user codes are also given on the back of the lock backplate. These can be used to unlock the door, and you can store as many as 19 user codes on the lock.
Some programming possibilities include:
Access Codes Addition/Removal
- If you want to add user codes: Enter the 6-digit programming code>Wait for 3 orange lights and 3 beeping sounds>press the Schlage button until the keypad turns blue>press 1 and wait for 3 orange lights and 3 beeping sounds>enter your user code and wait for 3 orange lights and 3 beeping sounds>confirm the code and wait for a green light and a long beeping sound.
- If you want to delete user codes: do the first three steps but press 2 instead of 1 in the fourth step, and instead of entering new codes, enter the code that you want to delete and confirm it till things turn green.
If you want to change the default programming code to a new one: do the same steps but press 3 instead of 2 or 1 and enter a new 6-digit code, with the first four digits different from the current user codes.
With the help of programming, you can also:
- Enable vacation mode: Enter programming code>press down the Schlage button>press 4>Success and green light with a long beep. Remember, when this mode is enabled, no other user code can unlock the door, no matter who’s trying.
- Disable vacation mode.
- Turn on/off the beeper by pressing 5 along the steps.
- Delete all user codes you had till now: Enter programming code>press down the Schlage button>press 6>Success and green light with a long beep.
Battery and Flash Memory
The minimum amount of time that Schlage locks last is considered to be three years or more. So when you buy this lock, you buy with the knowledge that the power consumption is minimal. The 9V battery that comes along has you covered with its alkaline power!
But what if your usage is more than others, and you are frequently in and out of the house. In that case, does yours wear out faster and does your battery drain quicker? In that case, your indicator notifies you of low battery chances. And in case the battery dies, you can get back to using your keys till you find a new one.
Troubleshooting Schlage FE595 What You Should Know
The common troubleshooting issues that the users faced include:
- You don’t need codes to enter the household; simply pushing down the Schlage button opens the doors for your or your guests: Your lock has not been installed properly, Recheck your bolt and cam positions and restart the installation process or take the help of a professional.
- The user code doesn’t unlock the door even though the keypad turns green: Enable the lock and leave feature. Enter your 6-digit code, press 7, and wait till you see the green light and hear the beep. This should help.
- You forgot the programming code: A. If it was your own set code, restore the entirety to factory settings. Disconnect the battery>press down the Schlage button>Reconnect the battery within 10 seconds for a quick green flash and press down the same button until the green light up again and hear a long beep>enter one of the defaults user codes to unlock the door. B. If it was the default code and not newly created by you, look at the backplate of the lock’s interior part.
- There is a user code you want to delete, but you can’t remember which code: Delete all user codes.
- You can not add/delete/change programming/user code: Your confirmation step didn’t match the first code you entered. Retry.
Lost Programming Code of Schlage FE595
So what do you do when you lose the programming code to your Schlage? You panic first, but then again, you don’t need to! It is just available on the keypad lock. All you have to do is see the backplate. It holds the lost code and the serial number of the lock and two user codes.
But remember, you will not be able to see this sticker unless you remove the part of the keypad lock situated on the exterior of the door. Once you find it, simply write down the codes in your diary and restore what you deconstructed.
Schlage FE595 and Pet Lovers
Do you own a pretty little kitten or an adorable golden retriever bunch that you need to have cared for when you’re away? Schlage has you covered! But when you are out of the home, someone needs to be opening doors for your pet-sitter.
In that case, what you can do is install the Schlage and get a temporary user code for your pet sitter, that s/he can use to unlock the door for once. When you’re back home, simply delete the code, and it won’t let anyone enter the house using the code again!
Outdoor Enthusiast Users
You love to go out but hate carrying the lump of keys that the locking door brings along. There are already so many keys to care for; you can’t simply do with one more! The fix? Simply remember the code to your Schlage lock, and you can come and go without a key. And if you hate memorizing or remembering codes, you can always use your key to enter!
Busy and Active With or W/O Family
You can be busy and active with or without having a family. But you know things get four or times more busy and active when you are living with many people. How does Schlage help? In two ways, actually.
One, if your kids are frequently visiting you in and out of the room during busy meetings, you can set codes and let children know to decide whether or not you want to let them enter. Two, if you need relatives or friends to take care of your home when you’re away, set a code for them that you can delete once back!
Rental Home Owners
The problem that rental homeowners often face is that of their tenants losing the key to the house. Just imagine that you, out of irresponsibility, forgot to take more than one print of the key, and now that you have rented your house, you need to give the key to your tenant. What if they loses the key?
Lost time, energy, and money go behind finding and making new keys for your house. But with Schlage and codes, there will be nothing to worry about; not even lost keys.
Top 6 Schlage FE595 reviews
All the features of Schlage FE595 lock, you know, for that you’re here to know more. Now, after researching more and more, we find the top 6 locks that let you protect your lives and valuables.
Schlage FE595 CAM 626 Acc Camelot Keypad Entry Door Lock (Best All-Around)
- Keyless entry for enhanced security, no keys to lose or forget
- Flex Lock feature allows you to switch between unlocked or automatic re locking with the turn of a button
- Keypad illuminates so you can see it at night. Backset- Universal latches and deadbolts fit 2-3/8 inch (60 millimeter) or 2-3/4 inch (70 millimeter) backset
- Codes easily added or deleted right at the keypad using the lock's unique 6 digit programming code. Includes 9 volt battery, a 6 digit programming code, and two 4 digit user codes preset at the...
Residential or office use, with or without a family, single or married, garage door or house front door; this is the type of lock that works for everyone and on anything. The keyless convenience that the 626 ACC brings you is absolutely painless and effortless.
No more hunching down and crawling under beds and sofas trying to look for your lost key before you head out of the home. Simply remember or note down the code on your Schlage lock, and you’re good to go and forget all about keys till you come back and enter the access code.
It comes with an adjustable backset and has a beautiful satin chrome finish. Simply turn and press a button if you want to pick from the auto relock or the unlock feature on your Schlage. The flex lock function lets you do either of both! Use the 6-digit programming code to enter the house or open doors to your one-time visitors when you’re away!
- Easy to install after you remove your old lock.
- Lighted/backlit keypad.
- Premium metal builds.
- Needs no wiring.
- Low battery indicator.
- Not suitable for cold weather.
Schlage FE595 PLY 505 FLA Plymouth Keypad Entry Lock (Best Value)
- Fits 1-1/8 in. To 1-3/4 in. Doors
- Backset is adjustable
- Lever is reversible.Keying: 5-pin tumbler C keyway with one nickel silver key
- Bright Brass finish
- Keyless entry for enhanced security, no keys to lose or forget
Whether you want to enhance the simple door to your house by accessorizing it with golden touches or upgrade your house’s security from a 3 to a solid 9, this is the right lock for you. It not only makes your house smarter but also keeps your family and pets (if you live alone) safe. You get keyless access to your house thanks to the invasion-resistant deadbolts on the locks that run on batteries. So even during power outages, you are safe from getting locked outside your house! And since it needs zero wirings, you can install it in a jiffy and make convenience and security both your first priorities.
Another great thing about these is that you can easily coordinate these with your home, thanks to the pairing trim styles that you get on the locks. And about the security factor, just like the access codes we have discussed, you can get in or let others in for one time and delete codes/forget keys, all without any side effects of property loss or security compromising.
- Indicates low battery so you’re always ready.
- ANSI grade-2 security.
- You can easily delete or add passcodes according to convenience.
- Very stylish.
- Not compatible with everything.
Schlage FE595 PLY 619 FLA Plymouth Keypad Entry Door Lock (Best For The Money)
- Flex lock function allows user to switch between unlocked and automatic re-locking by turning the interior thumb turn above the handle
- Automatic re-locking will lock the door 5 seconds after a code has been entered
- Lever is reversible;Lock Type : Keyed Entry
- Satin nickel finish
- Keyless entry for enhanced security, no keys to lose or forget
One of the things that we often do when heading out of home is that we do unlock the door to get out of the house but forget to relock the door when leaving. Has this ever been an issue with you when leaving the house for running errands? You were in such a hurry that you forgot to relock the door.
In situations like this, you need something that lets you lock the doors fast and easily. An automatic relock sounds like just the right thing, doesn’t it? That’s what you get on the 619 FLA. The automatic relock can save you from tonnes of property losses and save your peace of mind. Add to this the advantages of reversible lever locks, and you may as well intentionally forget to lock doors when you leave! There’s going to be no issue!
This flex lock style again has a satin nickel finish that makes it look the sturdy that it actually is. With this function, you can swap from automatic relock to unlock version by turning the inside thumb above the handle. And the automatic relock gets you covered within 5 seconds of entering your code. So no forgetting to lock doors and no getting locked outdoors for losing keys!
- Kid-safe, i.e., prevents toddlers from opening the doors easily.
- High quality and works seamlessly.
- Backlit display for night help.
- Easy installation.
- Solid hardware that is durable.
- Not weather resistant.
Schlage FE595 CAM 619 GEO Camelot Keypad Entry Door Lock
If you want a three-in-one lock that can work for your home, garage, or even office, this is the lock you need. This Georgian-style lock comes with a satin nickel finish that looks good on any workout room or wine cellar.
Don’t let the doorknob fool you into thinking this is weak! This professional-grade security lock can prevent kick in like a pro thanks to its huge adjustable bolt that can withstand strong resistance applied to the door. The lock is also resistant to any weather type, and the silicon coating prevents the numbers on the entry pad from fading away. You also get LED-backlit pads and so don’t have to squint in the dark looking for which number you are pressing! You can also automatically lock and relock the door with a simple button press. And no keys, so no forgetting or losing them!
- Easy installation to save your valuable time.
- Keyless entry.
- Generates as many as 10000 user codes.
- 2 emergency access codes in case any recipient forgets your original one.
- Needs better batteries.
Schlage FE595 PLY 505 PLY Plymouth Keypad Entry Lock
Whoever loves adding gold accents to their home accessories and furnishing will love the PLY 505. More than just good-looking, this lock has a Flex lock style and is made up entirely of brass. Not gold, really! But the beautiful golden metallic finish adorns the lock from knob to the edges, leaving the keypads aside.
Anyway, this keypad is also silicon coated, which means that it will not be faded in poor weather conditions or by frequent use. So you’ll always know which button/number you’re pressing!
The lock is a programmable one, where you get to set codes instead of using keys to enter. And the resistance on the bolts is powerful enough to prevent anyone from barging in and invading your privacy. The ANSI grade-2 security rating and the versatility of this lock to go with multifunctional doors make this quite a favorite among users. Also, you get to generate 10000 user codes and get one solid key in case nothing else is working for you or your brain at the time.
- Powerful 9V battery backup.
- Preprogrammed lock with 2 emergency access codes.
- Excellent security with a standard metal build.
- Work with both metallic and wooden doors.
- No instruction provided for attaching knobs.
Schlage FE595 CAM 609 GEO Camelot Keypad Entry Lock
A beautiful Georgian-style lock that focuses on brass built and a grave golden finish, this lock is a masterpiece when it comes to beauty and security. Great for any room that requires or should require access to enter, this Schlage lock has an excellent adjustable bolt and flex lock function that adds to this lock’s utilities.
So you can resist unwanted kick-ins when chilling at home or sleeping peacefully. With a mechanical warranty that sets your safety high for long periods, this lock is quite a cult favorite. You get 19 code capacities on it that let you pick from thousands of combinations. And the lock itself effortlessly goes along with your antique brass sets. Talk about security and furnishing updates!
- Illuminated numbers, making it easy to press codes.
- Quick installation.
- No noise at all when entering code.
- Sturdy keypad and lock mechanics.
- Securing batteries in the holder is a little tough.
Is it safe for me to use the Schlage keypad locks?
Yes, with the heavily resistant deadbolt and grade A security maintenance!
How am I supposed to program Schlage’s Lock fe595?
You start off by pressing down on the Schlage button of the keypad to add or delete user codes. If you want to change the programming code, then too, you will press down the button, and on validation, reset the codes.
Can anyone possibly hack this Schlage lock?
There are lesser possibilities of picking and bumping these locks, but if you think they are prone to hacking or your security is compromised, just delete the code.
How should I reset my Schlage keypad lock?
Disconnect the batteries, hold down the Schlage button and reconnect the batteries. That should do the trick.
By now, you should be pretty clear on which locks are the best from the Schlage FE595 reviews! There are some that may go with your accessories, some that may look good on the doors.
But no matter which you pick, they are sure to uplift the security of your house. Whether you like keys or not, the combination of mostly codes and a key for emergencies along with the multiple features make Schlage one of our bests of all time!