Locks are arguably the most critical part you need to focus on for better home security. And there’s no point using a mechanical lock in the 21st century.
Rather, a smart lock can be far more reliable and convenient for everyday use. And if you are looking for a solid option, you’ve got to check out the 99390-001Halo by Kwikset smart lock. It is designed to provide maximum surveillance and better ease of use for the users.
To help you learn more about this great smart lock, let’s go over an in-depth Kwikset smart lock review.
Kwikset Smart Lock Review To Keep Your Home Safe
The Kwikset Halo lock comes with tons of different features, making it a far better option than other digital locks or smart locks at its price range. Down below, we’ll have a look at some of its features that makes it such an amazing lock for home security.
- Wi-Fi enabled: Kwikset Halo smart lock is a Wi-Fi connected door lock that connects directly to your home Wi-Fi network and smartphone for a secure smart home that does not require a third party smart home hub, panel or subscription
- 250 customer user codes: Create up to 250 unique user codes for friends, family, or guests that you can disable, or delete from the Kwikset App; Set schedules for custom user codes from your smartphone using the Kwikset app as well
- Receive notifications: Receive notifications of your lock's activity and view the lock event history from your smartphone using the Kwikset app
- SmartKey security: Protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds
- Secure screen: Patented security feature for Kwikset touchscreen deadbolts that prevents on-screen fingerprint user code identification by employing random digits prior to entering a personal user code
What good is a lock if it can’t protect your house from theft?
Well, that’s certainly not the case for this great Kwikset smart lock. With this lock installed, your place is secured, and you can stop sweating over it anymore.
The ANSI/BHMA Grade AAA certification tells you a lot about its reliability. That’s the highest level test a lock can go through to prove its security level. And this Kwikset lock nails it perfectly.
Put the code in using the touchpad to get access. The Kwikset touchscreen deadbolts prevent any fingerprints from leaving any clue for the code. Once set, the code can only get access to the lock only one time a day.
Not to mention, the SmartKey security feature does an exceptional job keeping the unwanted guests away from your place, providing maximum security. Take note; there’s room for a reset key as well. That way, when you’re not able to unlock the lock using the touchscreen, you can simply use the reset key to get access to your area.
The best alternative you may consider to pick,
Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with Built-In Alarm
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Touch Screen keypad and lock cylinder on exterior and thumb turn interior. Door thickness range is 1.37 to 1.75 standard
- Stores up to 30 personalized user codes at a time
- Built in alarm with 3 alert settings. Battery Uses 4 AA alkaline batteries. Exterior Dimensions 3 x 5 x 1 inches. Interior Dimensions 3 x 8 x 2 inches
- Z wave technology connects to your home automation system and lets you lock or unlock your door remotely via the web or smartphone.Volts:6 V
User Interface and Database
Kwikset has done an incredible job improving this model for a better user interface. There is no mechanical keypad that you need to type on, nor there’s any quirky thing to spin. Use the smart touch screen to put your code in the lock to get access. Easy, simple, and convenient, and that should be the priority of a smart lock in the first place.
However, that level of convenience doesn’t take away from the security level. In terms of database, store up to 250 codes in this lock. That takes the chance of your code getting stolen as you can simply assign a code for everybody you want to give access to. Do you see how it eliminates the chance of the PIN getting leaked?
Design and Build Quality
Time to go to the design and build quality; this Kwikset lock is clearly a no brainer option for you. It has a very sleek and modern design that blends with your house seamlessly. Satin Nickel color provides a premium touch, which helps to add a more standard look and feel to your house entrance.
With the metal construction, it doesn’t get any better in terms of build quality. It’s definitely made to withstand any pry opening or poking. Not to mention, the integrated tamper alarms do a great job letting you know when someone is messing with the lock so that you can act. But the overall design and build quality of this Kwikset lock is undoubtedly something special.
Kwikset is probably the best ever smart lock in the market in terms of connectivity. And this model is an exceptionally great one as well.
Simply connect this lock with your wifi, and that lets you navigate and monitor this whole device using your smartphone. You can assign new PINs, remove old ones, customize however you like, and do so much more with it.
What’s even better about it is that you get notified each time using the Kwikset app, which works wonders for tracking each access history. This feature truly provides you with all the information you need and gives you better overall control over the whole thing.
Not to mention, this lock also supports voice assistance. Use Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for better convenience and ease of use, and that makes your experience with this wonderful, smart lock even better.
As for additional features, Kwikset lock has done a phenomenal job. It uses a touch screen interface where you put your PIN. However, the codes have immense customizability. For instance, you can assign time user code, limited time user code, limited user code, limited day user code, and so on.
These features let you get the best privacy that you can ask for, and these are very helpful as well. Another great thing about the lock is its tamper alarm, which goes off when someone decides to mess with it, letting you know to act. And the Kwikset app makes it super easy and convenient to get a hold of everything this amazing smart lock has to offer.
- Super sturdy build
- Maximum protection guarantee
- Huge user code database
- Easy to install
- Smart and easy user interface
- A bit pricey compared to other smart locks available out there
- No biometric sensor
As you went over our Kwikset smart lock review, you can probably see why it’s the best option available out there. This lock is not the most inexpensive one, but it truly lives up to its price tag.
The features and specs you’re getting from this lock are truly amazing, and you can’t ask for more from a smart lock at this price range. It’s smart, secured, and it’ll definitely provide the best user experience. Overall, the Kwikset smart lock is a highly recommended biometric lock for your home security.