Lever locks are used for home protection for years. But using lever locks with only key access is definitely not the ideal locking mechanism. That’s because you can’t just hand over keys to everyone you want to give access to.
The electronic lever lock technology fixes this issue perfectly. That way, you get to keep the same reliable lever locking mechanism but operate with codes. And what better brand can take this innovation and make it flawless than Kwikset?
Down below, well check out the 99170-003 SmartCode 917 model of Kwikset door lock reviews to see if it’s the right lock for your home security.
Kwikset Door Lock Reviews for Better Security
This Kwikset electronic lever lock is loaded with features that make it the best pick for your home security. Let’s check out some of it so you can get a better understanding of this amazing lock.
- Keyless entry convenience: The SmartCode 917 keyless entry electronic lever allows you to program up to 30 user access codes that can be customized for family, friends, or guests, including optional one-time user codes
- Reversible door handing: Halifax door lever is reversible and can easily be installed on left-hand or right-hand doors
- Switch between three entry modes: Multiple locking settings include "Auto Lock" (locks after every entry and exit), "Passage" (stays unlocked and no key or code required), and "Disable Passage" (for property managers, auto-locks every time and a key or code is always required for entry)
- SmartKey Security protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key the lock yourself in seconds
- Up to 3 year battery life and runs on a 9V battery; 9V battery included in box
Keyless Entry Convenience
What can be more annoying than having to use your keys to get access to a door? With this Kwikset door lock, you don’t have to deal with such an issue.
The fingerpad featured in the lock allows you to put your code there to get instant access. No keys, no cards, or nothing fancy. What makes it work perfectly is the option of programming up to 30 codes in the lock. More on that later.
There are 3 access modes that let you pick the auto-locking mechanism. The room for such customization can come in handy in so many different scenarios.
Also, you’ll notice a keyhole there for getting access to the door using the master keys. So, if you mess up the codes by any chance, you can unlock the door with your keys as well. In terms of the user interface, this Kwikset electronic lever door lock is undoubtedly a solid option.
The #1 job of a door lock is to keep unwanted guests away from your house. Not many electronic door locks provide the same acceptable level of security. Luckily, with this Kwikset, you won’t have to deal with such issues.
It’s constructed with high-quality metal materials, which ensures a very solid build quality. The SmartKey Security works perfectly to prevent advanced break-in techniques, making it safer. The BHMA certified AAA tells you how reliable and safe this Kwikset lock is. This certification is based on the highest residential security, durability, and finish rating that it holds.
Unlike most other door locks, this Kwikset has a very sleek and standard design. It definitely holds up to the traditional feel and looks, making it perfect for both home and office environments.
You can put this lock on the main door, side doors, or anywhere else. It won’t just look good, but the passage mode feature makes it very convenient there as well. Using the passage mode, the door remains unlocked. So, you don’t have to press in the code to get access to the doorway.
Another signature feature of this lock is it can be installed in both left-hand or right-hand doors. That’s possible thanks to the incredible Halifax door lever. Not to mention, the lock is super easy to install as well.
Impressive User Database
Store up to 30 codes on this fantastic lock. No more giving away the master key and compromising the privacy of your house. Rather, you can simply hand out different codes to different people. That makes it much more secure and safe.
What’s even better, this lock features a one-time user code setting. So, you can actually limit the access of a user for 24 hours as he can only use the door once in 24 hours.
If you know about electronic locks, you probably know that they require maintenance. For some, you’ve got to charge batteries, replace them, and so on.
Unlike these locks, the Kwikset electronic lever lock doesn’t need all that hassle. This is operated with a 9V battery. It’ll last you for about 3 years without any issue. That way, you can just install the lock in your door and forget about it. It’s that amazing and provides you unbeatable convenience.
- Quick and easy access
- Ensures maximum security
- Very sturdy build quality
- Easy to install
- Super long battery life
- No touchscreen
- Lack of Biometric sensor
The best alternative you may consider to buy:
- Wi-Fi enabled: Kwikset Halo smart lock is a Wi-Fi connected door lock that connects directly to your home Wi-Fi network and smartphone for a secure smart home that does not require a third party smart home hub, panel or subscription
- 250 customer user codes: Create up to 250 unique user codes for friends, family, or guests that you can disable, or delete from the Kwikset App; Set schedules for custom user codes from your smartphone using the Kwikset app as well
- Receive notifications: Receive notifications of your lock's activity and view the lock event history from your smartphone using the Kwikset app
- SmartKey security: Protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds
- Secure screen: Patented security feature for Kwikset touchscreen deadbolts that prevents on-screen fingerprint user code identification by employing random digits prior to entering a personal user code
After our Kwikset door lock reviews, you now have a better idea about this amazing electronic lock. You see, it has the same reliable locking mechanism as an excellent old lever lock, but the advanced features make it exceptionally good.
So, if you want to upgrade your door lock, this electronic lever lock by Kwikset is an excellent choice. It’s safe, has a traditional look, and the most hassle-free locking mechanism.