It’s beyond any shadow of a doubt that AirBnb is one of the vastly used vacation rental sites right now. As hosting with AirBnb is becoming more and more common, finding out the best door lock for AirBnb becomes more of a necessity than a luxury.
You don’t want the guests to stand and wait for the key. On the other hand, security is something you must never compromise. And interestingly enough, smart locks can handle both ends properly!
- 1 Best Door Lock for AirBnb
- 1.1 August 4th Generation Smart Lock for AirBnb
- 1.2 Samsung SHS-P718-LMK Push Pull Biometric Touchscreen Door Lock
- 1.3 Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Door Lock for AirBnb
- 1.4 Lockly Smart Door Lock for AirBnb
- 1.5 Google RB-YRD540-WV-619 x Yale Door Lock
- 1.6 ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Pro Smart Lock for AirBnb
- 1.7 Yale Assure Door Lock with Z-Wave for AirBnb
- 1.8 Safely Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock
- 1.9 Reagle Smart Door Lock for AirBnb
- 2 Benefits of Using Smart Lock for AirBnb
- 3 How to Set Up a Smart Lock for AirBnb or Rental Property
- 4 What if the Lock Doesn’t Support AirBnb?
- 5 Key Factor to Consider Before Buying a Smart Lock for AirBnb
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Final Thoughts
Best Door Lock for AirBnb
So, as smart locks can ensure security while at the same time providing the guests with quicker access, we’ll be looking at some of the best smart locks for Airbnb. And how it may aid you in real-life situations.
August 4th Generation Smart Lock for AirBnb
- A key that works everywhere. Lock the front door. And unlock it. From anywhere.
- Connected right out of the box. August Wi-Fi Smart Lock requires no additional bridge to connect to Wi-Fi, so you get full voice and remote access functionality without the fuss. Requires 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Upgrade your existing lock. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt on the inside of your door - so you can continue to use your existing keys.
- Never fumble for your keys against Auto-unlock detects when you arrive and unlocks the door. Enable auto-lock to lock when the door closes.
- Send secure keys to friends, family or people you trust instantly, all from the August app. Cancel access any time.
You may already know that no smart lock guide is complete without August in it. And that is exactly what we have here, 4th generation locks from one of the industry leaders!
One thing that you’d love to see is the presence of smart keys that can be sent using the August app. Because when the guest comes knocking at your door and you’re working at the office miles away, the smart key would come as a savior from a possible embarrassment.
So, with August’s 4th generation locksAugust’s 4th generation locks you can give easy access to the guests without running back home from the office.
The installation process is unbelievably easy. Because unlike the regular smart locks you won’t need to replace the existing deadbolt. Rather you can attach it to the already installed deadbolt.
It also incorporates voice commands and auto-lock/unlock properties.
Infrequent technical malfunctions may occur with some of the units. But apart from that, it should be a top priority if you’re genuinely looking for the best smart lock for renters!
- Issuing Ekeys lets the guest enter easily
- Doesn’t need to replace the current deadbolt
- Works with smartphone biometric and voice commands
- Locks and unlocks automatically
- Technical malfunctions can disrupt the use
Samsung SHS-P718-LMK Push Pull Biometric Touchscreen Door Lock
At the 2nd spot of our detailed guide, we have Samsung’s smart lock technology.
First, it comes with a sleek design that would attract the guests coming in. Spectacular fingerprint unlocking provides out of the world convenience, as you don’t have to remember any passwords nor have to carry keys in the pocket all day long.
The automated welcome and warning feature is also an incredible add-on. It welcomes the user on the display when you stand in front of the door while an alarm goes off if an intruder hovers around the door for around a minute or so.
Its’ installation is quite difficult to perform and can get almost impossible for people with no experience.
But, overall, it’s an incredibly well-made smart lock item from Samsung you can go for.
- Sleek and stylish design
- Fingerprint unlocking makes it highly convenient
- Automatized welcome greets the user while in front of the door
- Enhanced warning feature helps reduce criminal activities
- Difficult installation can frustrate the new user
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Door Lock for AirBnb
- Smart lock with Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere - no additional accessories required. Pair with the Schlage home app or Key by Amazon app to create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family for recurring, temporary or permanent access
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Check the status of your lock and lock / unlock your door. In addition, Alexa will let you know when your battery is running low or set-up smart reorders through Amazon Dash Replenishment so you always have replacement batteries when needed.
- Fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking. Optional voice control offers hands-free convenience when using voice-enabled products
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential security breaches at the lock, while the low battery indicator offers advanced warning for battery replacement
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver. Unique snap ‘n stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
Here we have our third mention that is by one of the highly prestigious Schlagehighly prestigious Schlage. If you’re looking for the best door lock for AirBnb then this should be a definite consideration without a shadow of a doubt.
This can be an ideal option for letting in guests, as it offers up to 100 temporary or permanent access codes.
It also comes with tons of different affiliated smart technology protocols such as Google and Alexa. So you can easily access the lock with voice commands only.
Further, it opens up automatically when you arrive offering limitless convenience while saving time.
This intelligent lock features an integrated alarm technology that offers smart security, alerting the nearby individuals when it senses a possible security breach, making it far more secure than regular locks.
Wear and tear is something you should be careful of, but all in all, this is undoubtedly one of the best smart door lock for AirBnb right now in the market!
- Outstanding overall performance
- Over 100 access codes can be issued
- Access the lock with voice commands
- Auto-locking feature makes life more convenient
- Over the top security alarm system
- Can be prone to wear and tear
Lockly Smart Door Lock for AirBnb
- KEYLESS ENTRY AND CONVIENCE: Lock and unlock your door with one finger tap on your smartphones via Bluetooth or by entering a 6-8 digit access code on the touchscreen keypad. This door lock also comes with 2 backup physical keys in case you ever need. Secured keyless access convenience for your offices, home or rental properties. Wifi Hub sold separately for remote access
- HIGHLY-SECURE SMART LOCK: The world's first Patented peek-proof smart door lock. The unique algorithm reshuffles numbers after each use and prevents others from copying your smart code, keeping your home safe. Touchscreen keypad will be disabled after 3 wrong attempts and can only be activated by entering the right code twice. Auto-lock, one-touch locking and Audible Alarm System provide enhanced security when you are at home or out.
- ADVANCED 3D FINGERPRINT SENSOR SECURITY: Feel extra safe knowing that this smart door lock features an advanced capacitive fingerprint reader. Whereas other locks use optical readers our 3D fingerprint sensor uses capacitors and electrical current to form an image of the fingerprint. This means only physical fingers will be accepted, preventing the use of lifted prints. This also results in speed and accuracy, granting access to up to 99 fingerprints in a split second.
- CONTROL ACCESS AND MONITORING: Works on both iOS and Android devices. This security lock will track unlock history by each user 24/7 and stores in the app for your review. Notifications will be sent to you once your friends/guests check-in with their phone for the first time. Now, you’ll know exactly who and when people are entering your business or properties. While using the virtual keys, there is no need for you to asking back the physical keys from guests or renters.
- EMERGENCY POWER SUPPLY AND DIY INSTALLATION: You can open your front door with a 9V battery on the instant battery charging terminal if you forget to replace the dead batteries. Note: The latch has adjustable backset 2 3⁄8” or 2 3⁄4” to fit most standard doors. (Please check your door measurements prior to purchase this smart deadbolt). You can find the installation manual, user manual and specification sheet under Technical Specification section for additional information.
Lockley is another well-known name in the smart lock business. Right now we’ll go through some of the key features of Lockly’s PGD 728F.
It has a two-way unlocking mechanism with passcodes and fingerprints. So, you can forget about the irritating sensation of carrying keys everywhere or forgetting them here and there.
But they do offer multiple backup keys if in any case, you forget configured passcode.
It has its patented peek-proof technology which makes it almost impossible for any lock peekers to identify the passcodes you’re entering, making it a highly secure lock for anyone to use.
If you, by any chance, forget to change the batteries and get locked out then a 9V battery on the charging terminal can be used to get it working for the next entry.
Technical malfunctions in smart door locks aren’t anything new. And that is something this particular device can sometimes suffer from.
But, all in all, the lock should perform satisfyingly offering a more secure and convenient lifestyle for the user.
- Fingerprint and passcodes technology wipes the hassle of carrying keys
- Patented peek-proof technology enhances security
- Emergency power input system saves the user from unexpected lock-outs
- Offers multiple backup keys for emergencies
- Technical malfunctions can obstruct the normal using pattern
Google RB-YRD540-WV-619 x Yale Door Lock
- Secure and Tamper Proof: Replaces the deadbolt you already have. If someone tries to tamper with it, you'll get an alert. If the batteries start running low, you'll know right away. And if your lock loses power, you can quickly charge it with a 9V battery to unlock the door.
- Let Someone In From Anywhere: Unlock your door from your Nest app. Create passcodes for family, guests and people you trust. Get alerts whenever someone unlocks and locks the door. And when Nest knows you’re away, your door can lock automatically.
- Works with Google Assistant: Check the status of your door and lock it from anywhere hands‑free with the Google Assistant. You can also enter a passcode, use one‑touch locking, or lock it from the Nest app.
- Touchscreen Keypad: No phone. No problem. Unlock your Nest x Yale Lock by entering your passcode on the touchscreen keypad. Create passcodes for people you trust.
You can’t just skip Yale’s name while discussing the best smart lock for airbnb and things get even more interesting when Google teams up with them! If you’re more concerned about security than other factors then it offers a unique safety mechanism that sends you an alarm, so quick measures can be taken up.
In case of accidental power loss, you can get it back on power using a 9v battery and let you unlock the door from a potential lockout.
It’d fit right in if you host AirBnb guests at the house because Google provides the freedom for the user to open the lock from anywhere they want.
Google’s Nest has this smart understanding as it locks itself up when it understands that you’ve gone out. You’d also get alerts when someone is locking or unlocking the door, providing you with 24/7 monitoring of the house!
It also gives access through the touchscreen keypad if you forget the smartphone by any chance.
The Nest-connected device may find it difficult to work sometimes. But overall, the strengths of this item is far too many not to recommend to you!
- Intricate alert mechanism enhances safety
- Ability to enter using an external battery
- Can let the guest in without being near
- 24/7 monitoring of the lock’s activity
- Nest connect may malfunction sometimes
ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Pro Smart Lock for AirBnb
- 6-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Lock: Touch and Go 360° Fingerprint ID + Anti-peep Keypad + Smartphone + Auto Unlock + Shake to Open + Mechanical Key
- Control Your Ultraloq Smart Lock via Bluetooth: Lock, unlock, share access and see a Log of who’s entered and exactly when they did using smartphone App. Grant access to your family, guests or service people via a code or an eKey for permanent access, specific dates or periods of time. Ultraloq Bridge WiFi Adaptor is required for remote access (sold separately).
- 360° Live Fingerprint ID: Just one touch to unlock your smart lock. No more fumbling around for keys. Stores up to 120 fingerprints. Up to 60 customizable 4-8 digit codes for backup.
- Auto Lock and Auto Unlock: Smart Lock automatically locks as you leave and unlocks when you arrive at your door with your smartphone in your pocket.
- DIY Installation: Replace your current deadbolt with just a screwdriver. IP65 rated dust and weatherproof external lock built to withstand heat and cold. Backed by Ultraloq, world’s leading smart lock brand with more than 1 million happy American users. Plus lifetime mechanical warranty and 18 months electronic warranty.
Are you here for the best lock for AirBnb? Well, stay with us until we finish this wonderful piece by Ultraloq. The Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro is without a doubt one of the most highly acclaimed names in the smart lock industry.
You’re flooded with features in this special one. From the fingerprint to auto-unlock and anti-peep keypad offers you keyless entry and security and overall convenience like nothing else!
On top of all these positive characteristics and interesting inputs, you also get the choice to grant access to the AirBnb guests issuing eKeys or codes. You also have the freedom to make these issued codes permanent or for a particular date or time.
For more security, they’re including a Dual Data Encryption mechanism, which would render it almost impossible to get this broken into.
It can wear down after heavy use but all in all, this is just an extraordinary piece you must have!
- Fingerprint entry makes it easy to use
- Anti-peep keypad enhances security
- Grant permanent or specified access to AirBnb guests
- Dual data encryption strengthens safety
- Can wear down due to long term use
Yale Assure Door Lock with Z-Wave for AirBnb
- Unlock your door without keys by entering your code on the lock's backlit keypad; Lock the door behind you by pressing any button or by enabling auto relock
- Lock and unlock your door from anywhere by adding the lock to a compatible Z-Wave smart home or alarm system and app (i.e. Samsung SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, etc.). Requires compatible hub sold separately and app - no Yale app is used for this lock
- Replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes on standard doors, 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" thick with just a screwdriver. No additional holes needed. Mounting hardware and batteries included
- Comes with two physical keys for added peace of mind
- Works with Alexa via a compatible hub. Features may vary based on Z-Wave controller. Requires compatible system for smart features
Yale’s Z-Wave is something you should watch out for as it can be a possible pick for hosting AirBnb guests. In operation, it’s quite simple and opens up upon entering the pre-configured passcode.
If you equip the device with Z-Wave, it’d provide the possibility to operate the lock from anywhere.
The installation process in this device is kept simple as it’d only replace the running deadbolt of your house.
It also provides you with multiple physical keys just so you don’t get to lock outside.
Forgetting to lock the door isn’t a new phenomenon. And often due to the growing pressure of the work it tends to happen more. But with its Auto Relock technology, you don’t even need to worry about that either.
It requires some added devices which can make the operation slightly difficult.
Apart from the minor issues, Yale’s Assure can certainly be an effective add on for AirBnbing anytime!
- Lock and unlock from anywhere with Z wave
- Easier installation replacing current deadbolt
- Comes with backup keys
- Auto relock lessens the trouble
- Adding hubs and other devices can make operation complicated
Safely Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock
- 🔓【Rental Hosts & Homeowners】Sifely smart door lock is a great solution for airbnb short-term rental hosts, rental property management, and self-housing resident. Generate passcode remotely and share it to your visitors.
- 🔓【Multiple Ways To Unlock】Advanced 5-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock: Fingerprint + Code + Fob + Smartphone + Key.
- 🔓【Easy To Install】Easy to install in minutes with just a Phillips screwdriver by following short installation video. No Drills Needed. No Locksmith Needed. Door handle is reversible for both left and right handed door.
- 🔓【Remote Control】Paired with Sifely WiFi Gateway (Optional Add-on, Sold Separately), you can lock/unlock your smart door lock anywhere anytime, set up codes remotely and check real-time access logs.
- 🔓【Satisfaction Guaranteed】App/Software is free to use forever. No hidden charges or long-term costs. 30-day money back guarantee, 1-year product warranty and a lifetime customer support following the date of purchase.
At the 8th spot in the guide, we’ve another premium smart lock that can rev up your AirBnbing. Sifley’s smart lock solution is specially designed for rental apps like AirBnb and you get to generate easy passcodes and share them with the guests even when you’re far away.
One unique part of this highly acclaimed device is its sheer number of opening methods! It has an unbelievable 5 different opening mechanisms from code, smartphone, and fingerprint to fob and key, you have the freedom to open the lock from all the mentioned 5 ways!
Installation of this masterpiece is also quite easy, just watch the provided video and get it installed within minutes and with just a screwdriver.
You can also investigate access logs in realtime and lock or unlock the door from anywhere!
The fingerprint scanner may show some issues but all in all, it’s a quality lock you can go for!
- 5 Different opening mechanism makes it highly convenient
- Comes with an installation procedure
- You get to know real-time access logs
- Ability to lock or unlock from anywhere
- Fingerprint scanner may malfunction sometimes
Reagle Smart Door Lock for AirBnb
- Easy DIY Installation & Setup: Installs in 15 minutes, all you need is a screwdriver. Replaces your existing deadbolt lock and keys. Connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Fits doors 1-3/8" to 2" thick (35mm to 51mm)
- Smart Sharing & Management: Create customized temporary access rights to your door for friends, family or BnB guests. Share them within seconds through our Reagle App. Easily manage multiple Reagle Locks from your smartphone
- Apple HomeKit Certified: Easily integrated on your and your family’s iPhones. Have Siri open and close it. Remotely (required to set up a Home hub) check the status and set up automations.
- Peace of Mind: Receive notifications on your phone if the lock’s batteries are running low. Have Reagle re-lock your door automatically after a set time interval
- Keyless Convenience: Operate your smart lock by smartphone or code input via built-in illuminated keypad. No more carrying around clunky keys or worrying about losing them
At the concluding part of the entire guide, we have another smart lock for AirBnbing by Reagle. One thing that many users are often disturbed by, is the installation procedure. It seems irritatingly complicated while consuming valuable time as well.
But its easy DIY installation gives you the ease to get it set up within 15-20 minutes only.
Generate access rights for your AirBnb guests and send them within moments!
It also works with Siri providing you with the option of voice comments while the low battery notifications give alerts so users can change the batteries which save them from getting locked out.
It also brings peace of mind, as even if you forget to lock it upon exiting, it locks itself up.
Go keyless as it houses illuminated keypads or smartphones to unlock.
Poor battery life is one of its downsides but overall, this is just incredible!
- Easier installation procedure
- Helps to provide access rights while the user being away
- Can work with Siri
- Go keyless with touchpad and smartphone access
- Poor battery life
Benefits of Using Smart Lock for AirBnb
AirBnb is one of the most highly utilized rent portals, especially for travelers touring from abroad. And along with the increase in the number of users, the need for safety equipment is also on the rise.
And smart locks are perhaps one of the most highly utilized material items that are going along with this new revolution of online rent portals.
Here, we’d like to discuss the potential positive sides of using a smart lock for AirBnb.
Saves You From Extra Hassle
When a guest is arriving at your place tomorrow morning and you’re heading out for the office leaving no one at the home, a complex situation is bound to arise.
Or you may get to know that a guest is waiting outside while being away from home.
Well, to counter irritating and embarrassing moments such as these smart locks would certainly come in handy.
You can easily generate eKeys and share with the guests, so he can enter without a key.
On the other hand, you can also give him instant access through a smartphone. As a result, you’ll be able to let guests in whenever they’re at the door.
Don’t Lose Your Key
Another highly common problem with regular keys and locks is that the guests would lose their keys. Often it can happen that the guest has locked himself out and isn’t able to get back in, resulting in serious hassle.
But with smart locks, you get the keyless convenience and the guests won’t lose their keys either.
Monitor Check-ins and Check Outs
Another strength of the smart lock over the regular locks is they can be utilized to monitor who’s coming and who’s going out. Being able to observe who’s accessing the door and what time they’re doing it, gives you a sense of security.
It also keeps logs for later use in case of any unfortunate events. In that case, logs from the smart lock can be utilized by the investigative authorities to seek out clues from them.
This way, smart lock manages to improve the safety protocols to a whole new level.
Easy to Track Multiple Properties
With the regular lock, it becomes unbelievably inefficient to track more than one property at the same time. Running from one house to another with keys and all, losing time compromising the security of the house.
But because of the highly systematized ways of action from the smart lock you can check on all the property and control everything through the smartphone and nothing else.
How to Set Up a Smart Lock for AirBnb or Rental Property
Smart locks are an incredible way to reduce the hassle of meeting up with the guests to exchange keys. It gives you the freedom to hand them with eKeys or text them the entry passcodes. So, let’s look at how to set this intelligent device up!
Install the Smart Lock on the Door
First, you’d need to set up the smart lock on the door. You can do it yourself by watching tutorial videos offered by the manufacturer. But if you think it’s too difficult then calling up a technician will do the job.
Some locks have easy ways to install locks. They allow you to install them on the existing deadbolt which can be done in minutes!
Configuring the Smart Lock AirBnb
One way to go is by linking the smart lock with AirBnb. But first, you’d have to know whether the lock you’re buying is compatible with AirBnb.
As AirBnb is one of the most highly used online rent portals, geared towards adventurous traveling, the possibility of finding compatible smart locks remains high.
Before you start selecting a particular product, we’d suggest you visit the AirBnb site. They’d name the manufacturers that work with AirBnb.
For example, August Locks and LockState are some of the smart locks that work with Configuring AirBnb with your smart lock is different with each lock.
With August, for example, you’d just have to open the August app, reach ‘’Account’’, and then go to ‘’August Access’’, where you’d find AirBnb to connect to it.
What if the Lock Doesn’t Support AirBnb?
If you’ve already bought and installed the lock and it doesn’t support AirBnb. Then you can use the virtual key application. It would link the lock and AirBnb. It works with Schlage and Yale.
Do it Manually
If all else fails, then you have the simple way of personally managing a way for the guest to get in. Most of the locks we discussed had some form of personal access granting mechanism.
Some locks allow you to open the lock using a smartphone, so you can unlock the house when the guest’s waiting outside. While you can issue eKey using the smart lock app. If your lock comes with a keypad you can share the passcode with the guest and later change it.
If you do it manually then you’d need to communicate with the guest sometimes. But, if the lock is connected to AirBnb then you can skip that part as well!
Key Factor to Consider Before Buying a Smart Lock for AirBnb
Before you head out and purchase a lock for AirBnb, wait! There are some things you should keep in mind which would make the spending worth it.
We’re listing a range of different characteristics. If you can make sure all the features are available in the lock, you’re more likely to find the best door lock for AirBnb.
The first thing that you should examine is whether the lock you’re buying is compatible with AirBnb. You can still let the guest in and do most other work with the smart lock.
But it may take up a long time. But if you get locks that can be directly connected to AirBnb, a considerable amount of hassle can be reduced.
So, it’s best to find quality locks that work with AirBnb.
Changing the smart lock battery every two weeks can become extremely annoying. That’s why you need to find out smart lock solutions with extended battery life.
They won’t start falling apart nor will it drain that quick either, making your life a whole lot easier.
Ability to Grant Access from Anywhere
One thing you should always keep in mind while having guests in from AirBnb is that the smart door must have a mechanism to allow guests at any given time from anywhere.
No matter how many precautions you may take, it’s always probable to receive a phone call from the guest that he’s waiting at the door and can’t get in.
When you have the authority to grant instant access to the internet, such annoying situations can be averted.
Issuing Multiple eKyes
The ability to issue multiple eKeys is by far the most user-friendly feature especially when you’re operating a smart lock solely to host AirBnb guests. Issuing keys is perhaps the simplest and most effective method users can manage their foreign guests without any hassle.
It completely wipes out the need for meeting up every time to exchange keys and all. Most of the smart locks let you issue multiple eKeys at the same time, so it won’t be a trouble if you have more than one guest at a time.
This is often overlooked by many smart lock manufacturers. At the expense of bringing in too many technology-centered features, they ignore the necessity of having the regular keys.
But what if any technical issues arise? Or the power goes out due to natural disasters? Or the internet is having issues?
In all these cases, you’d find yourself in deep water, not knowing how to get inside.
That’s why we’d want you to find smart locks that come with backup keys. It’d save you and the guest from the trouble.
Automatic Lock/Unlock Feature
Finally, this is one of the most important things you should remember before getting a smart lock for the guests traveling to your house.
Foreign guests upon arriving in a new country are naturally meant to be quite mixed up and may tend to forget to lock the door after exiting. It can happen to you too, leaving the home unprotected as a result. That’s why we’d like to suggest you must find a locking mechanism that locks itself up when someone goes out.
We’re positive that you’d be able to find the best door lock for Airbnb if all the mentioned characteristics are available in the lock.
What is an Airbnb Smart Lock?
Airbnb Smart Lock chiefly points to a sort of lock that can be linked with Airbnb and make hosting guests completely automatized and simpler.
Why Consider a Better Lock for Your Airbnb Rental?
Better lock means better guest satisfaction and superior security. As you’re getting both guest’s contentment, earning money, and security all at the same time, it’s highly essential to have an exceptional smart lock!
How to Choose the Best Smart Lock for Your Rental?
The first thing you must do is research for some time. Locks that people speak highly of are a good way to filter out low-quality ones. You can also ask experts about it and check our buying guide where necessary clues can be obtained. If all the essential positive features after purchase support can be managed then you can find the best smart locks for apartments!
How do smart locks for Airbnb work?
Once you configure AirBnb with the compatible smart lock technology. The guest would automatically gain access to the lock upon his arrival date. Because of the oversimplifying nature of its function, many prefer to find smart locks for Airbnb.
Do offer a simple way for your guests to get inside?
Most of the time it does. Smart locks have been designed to make life simpler. So, anyone can guess that it’d make it easy for the guest to enter and check out. They also don’t have to sit and wait for you to hand them the physical keys. Overall, it does offer a simple way for the guests.
Do smart locks make communication with guests easier and more effective?
That can be under question. Because the smart lock makes communication less necessary as the app can arrange most of the things automatically. It does decrease the human interaction between the host and the guest.
What to Look for in a Vacation Rental Lock?
You must ensure they can issue eKeys for the guests. On the other hand, you should also be able to grant and deny access to a particular individual at any given moment. The auto lock feature is also highly effective for a vacation rental lock.
How do I open my Airbnb lock?
It depends on the smart lock you’re currently using and its opening features. Your smart lock can have a variety of ways to open. From fingerprint, smartphone activation to eKeys you can open it in multiple ways.
What Other Extra Security Measures can I Implement to Make My House Safer?
If you want to improve the security parameters besides smart locks, a smart IP Cam with an alarm system can be highly effective.
Sure my Airbnb Home is at the Highest Level of Safety?
That depends on many other related factors. If the guests are alright and other security parameters are functioning well then it shouldn’t be a problem.
How can I unlock the Door if the Internet is Down?
You can still function without the internet. Because smart locks usually come with an array of different connecting portals like Bluetooth, Z-wave, Wifi, etc.
How Can A Smart Lock Make Hosting An Airbnb Easier?
With a smart lock, you can even host an AirBnb house without meeting him. That completely wipes out the need for meeting and exchanging physical keys and which can make hosting an AirBnb easier.
As you’ve witnessed we tried to make our guide as detailed as possible with a comprehensive analysis of ten different smart lock gadgets that work better with AirBnb. On top of all that, we also answered some key relevant questions and showed you some techniques for a better purchase.
Because of the recent technological revolution, the entire world is going through a rapid series of transformations. And smart lock devices are one of them which would be at the doorstep of tomorrow’s automated homes. So what are you waiting for then?
Get the best door lock for AirBnb and experience the future right now!