Admit it! After coming across news of burglars or criminals breaking into houses of people, you too are now concerned about the security of your family & home. You may now be thinking about upgrading your house door to your level best.
Like you, many people are out there who want to know how to make a door unbreakable. We understand your concern about this matter. It is why in this article, we are going to discuss some ways that can help you secure your front door & stay tension-free about the criminals or burglars breaking into your house. So, without any further ado, let start!
How to Make a Door Unbreakable
This is the desire for all that we love our family and children, even the valuable things as well. So, we need to protect all lives and valuables.
So, an unbreakable door is a must.
Purchase Solid Wood or a Metal Front Door
If you want to make your door unbreakable, the first thing you need to do is purchase a solid wood or a metal front door. It is a matter of the fact that many people use hollow core doors in their houses as front doors. The reason that many people go for these doors is that they are cheap. But we have to keep in mind that cheap things are not always good.
Especially when it comes to our houses’ security, we should not purchase cheap doors because they are not good in quality. Some of them are just cardboard within. Instead, we should try to get solid wood doors or metal doors. Trust us when we say this, it will be a hell of a job to break through these doors.
Schlage BE469 Connect Camelot Touchscreen with Built-in Alarm & Z-Wave
Protect the Hinges by Any Means
The second way that may help you make your front door unbreakable is to protect the hinges of your front door. Always remember that hinges are considered the Achilles’ heel of any front door that swings outward.
A veteran burglar will not miss this chance if you give him one. To avoid the burglar from attacking your hinges, you can use setscrew in the hinge, fast crimped pins & safety studs on your front doors. If you use them, burglars will be unable to remove the hinge pin & ultimately fail to lift the door up & off.
- 8X SCREWS PER HINGE: 6x 3/4" and 2x 1-3/4" (for deeper anchoring) - The extra long screws will come in handy spectially when replacing existing hardware using the same hole pattern. The screws are propery finished to match EXACT COLOR of the door hinges.
- GREASED from factory to ensure a SQUEAK FREE , silky smooth, soft-close-like door swing operation.
- Quality door hinges, solid steel construction, true satin nickel finish. Durable dual clear coating finish provides extra protection against the elements and corrosion.
- REMOVABLE PIN, our hinges are fully finished/coated, greased and re-assembled.This process ensures the removability of the pin as opposed to "painted shut" ungreased models.
- Each hinge comes individually packaged in polybag to maintain its finish surface intact unlike no other.
Use a Door Reinforcement Kit.
Door reinforcement kits are super useful when it comes to resisting forceful entries. You may be well aware of the fact that in most cases, A wood around 1 inch or so protects the strike plate of a door. A box plate combined with some powerful kicks paves a path to physics rules if you know what we mean. A door reinforcement kit puts a steel layer to restrict door frames from separating so that it will be a difficult job for the burglar to kick & break into a door.
Ideal Security BK110W Patio Door Security Bar Child-Proof Lock
- Home Security: Keep your family safe with this childproof door security bar that acts as a visual deterrent and door blocker against burglars who can see it clearly through the door.
- Convenient Door Storage Design: When not in use, the sliding door security bar swings upwards and stays out of the way, perfect for any sliding door or sliding glass patio door.
- Safest Door Security Bar: This door blocker bar and saddle are screwed into the door frame and profile, providing reliable protection, unlike pressure-mounted bars that can shake loose and fall.
- Adjustable and Easy to Install: Made of aluminium, this door security bar easily slides from 25.75" to 47.5" and can be installed without cutting, it even allows the door to partially open while being secured.
- Comfortable Height: Our door blocker mounts in the middle of the door, not the bottom, allowing you to open your door without bending down to reach the bar.
Do not Keep a Window on Your Front Door.
Another tip that will help you make your front door unbreakable is to make it windowless. It is, in fact, true that so many people have windows on their front doors. And trust us when we say this- window on a front door is not a good idea at all. Why? It is because a burglar can always break that window & unlock your door from the inside.
Therefore, it is a big security flaw that you need to fix immediately. And if you, by any chance, have glass door panels, sliding glass doors, or adjacent windows, You can try covering that with a security grille or grate on the outer part of your front door.
Use Elastomer Coatings
The last trick to make your door unbreakable is to use ultra-protective elastomer coatings. Although people use these coatings for protecting truck beds, cars & vehicles at the beginning, many people are nowadays using these on their front doors to make them more secure. You may now be thinking if this coating will be strong enough to protect your door.
Well, you can trust us on this. These are corrosion, abrasion & impact-resistant coatings made from high-performance polyurethane/polyurea. So, without a doubt, they are going to be super hard for burglars or thieves to break.
Well, that was pretty much it! We hope you enjoyed reading our article. If you know any other ways that can help to make a door hard to break, please feel free to share them with our readers. Thank you for reading & have a good day.
- How to Secure Apartment Door (Unique Tips To Make Your Home Safe)
- How to Make Your Shed Secure & Stop Break-ins (An Ultimate Guide)
- Best Way to Secure a Door from the Inside (Unique Idea You’ll Find Here)
- How to Secure the Front Door (You Need to Know to Protect your Family)
- How to Secure a Door from Being Kicked in (10 Secrets!)